The European Venture Philanthropist Association (EVPA) has around 300 members in Europe (and some beyond). All of them are investing first and foremost to have a high impact on society. For already 15 years EVPA represents venture philanthropists and social investors (VP/SI) and helps to maximise their societal impact. We do this with extensive and well valued research, flagship events, our Training Academy and various targeted network opportunities. With these and other activities we help our members to increase funding and expertise, increase the effectiveness of their impact and by cocreating an ecosystem in which societal impact can flourish. As a growing organisation we need a renewed focus on Marketing and Communication. To position EVPA as the thought leader around investing for impact in Europe, we are hiring an
all-round Communications director
You will develop and execute a communication strategy to position EVPA as leading the community of venture philanthropists and social investors in Europe. The main goals are to build strong visibility of EVPA (including reviving the corporate identity; clear, coherent, well targeted messages; Public and Press Relations; overseeing the mass communication channels) and to increase the (online) sales of our services such as the Training Academy and Annual Conference.
The marketing and communications team will need to liaise closely with the other teams at EVPA: Community & Market Development, Research & Policy and Operations. The MarCom director will also collaborate with members, partners in our community and on-the-ground representatives in France, the UK, Germany and Poland. The Marketing and Communications team needs to be built and will include a Communications Manager, a Creative Manager, a Digital Lead Growth Manager (all three already on board) and may include interns. The MarCom director will be part of the Management Team of EVPA.
This is a full-time role, requiring 4 to 5 days per week. The office is in Brussels.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Develop and execute a communication plan to position EVPA as a well-known (thought) leader in the European venture philanthropy/social investment community
- Develop and execute an overall, aligned, prioritised strategy to engage our members, inform the community and feed the interest of relevant stakeholders
- Create multi-channel campaigns that feed our Community & Market Development team with warm leads and our Training Academy with attendees to trainings
- Identify fresh content ideas to raise media and influencers? interest in EVPA?s research, services and events
- Develop data-driven reporting practice to track blog, media coverage and social media results, thus assessing the effectiveness of media relations, e-mail campaigns and social media efforts
- Lead and develop the marketing and communications team.
- 8+ years experience as an all-round communications professional, preferably in a not-for-profit organisation
- 5+ year experience with managing a (small) team of professionals
- Proven track record with b2b marketing skills
- Both a strategic mind and a hands-on mentality
- Good, quick and creative writing skills
- Excellent people skills, comfortable and used to interacting with diverse stakeholders
- Keen understanding of ?social impact? due to previous experience in social investment/venture philanthropy or non-profit sector
- Well-organised, keen to detail as well as to the overall picture
- Good knowledge of new developments in social media and a proven track record of using online strategies in the marketing mix
- Comfortable managing multiple projects and competing priorities
- University degree in Communications/Marketing studies
Maybe you even have:
- experience in working for a member-based organisation
- developed a well maintained list of media/blog/social media opinion leaders and contacts in Europe and globally
- knowledge of WordPress/Craft CMS/Google Analytics/MailChimp/Salesforce
- understanding of European Policy processes and public affairs.
- A permanent contract for a full-time position (4 or 5 days), based in Brussels
- A position working across the organisation in a dynamic, relevant and international environment
- The opportunity to build a new team within a highly motivated, international, entrepreneurial and dynamic organisation, that values as teamwork, respect, result focus, creativity and eagerness to learn
- Compensation according to experience and skills
More information and how to apply:
- Please visit our websites www.evpa.eu.com, https://stories.evpa.eu.com, https://c-summit.eu and https://conference.evpa.eu.com and our LinkedIn profile.
- Interested in applying? Please send your resumé with cover letter to Agata Zaza by email only (firstname.lastname@example.org) before the 24th June 2019.
- If you are selected, we will invite you for the first round of interviews on the 2nd or 3rd July.
- If the match is promising, you will be selected to meet the other directors and CEO for interviews on the 9th July 2019.
- All interviews take place in our offices in Brussels.